1 large watermelon
2 large oranges, juiced and zested
2 liters lemon lime soda, as needed
2 cups Raspberry flavored Vodka
- Stand the watermelon upright, and lop off a small portion of the top to make a base, then flip the melon over so it can sit on its flat side.
- Cut a zigzag patter around the rounded top of the melon so it comes off as one piece.
- Begin to scoop out melon flesh and place in a separate container, make sure to leave at least three inches from the base as you get to the bottom, store empty melon shell in the fridge with the top.
- Blend the melon flesh in a blender and pass through a strainer saving the juice.
- Combine with orange juice, zest and vodka and allow sitting for at least 30 min in the fridge.
- Stir juice once and return to melon shell and fill up the remaining space with soda and, then serve.
* The longer you allow the juice to sit in the melon, the more concentrated the melon flavor becomes.
* Using a ice cream scoop is much more effective when you are scooping out the melon.