one of my favorite low-fat dishes, great for lunch, dinner, or midnight snack
1lb Salmon filet, skinless, 1/4″x1/4″cubes
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 bunch of Cilantro, chopped
1 red bell pepper, ribs removed, small dice
2.5 cups of lime juice
2 Tblsp of your favorite hot sauce
Salt, to taste
a couple of you favorite ice-cold beers
1. Add everything together into a large food storage bag and mix well by hand before sealing the bag, make sure to get as much air out as possible. By removing the air this will help to promote even cooking and seasoning as opposed to leaving everything in a bowl. Place in the fridge for about 1 to 1.5 hours.
2. Pull out the ceviche, crack open the beer and enjoy
– Some may question the cooking time, but with the small unified dice and the food storage bag technique the fish cooks faster than it would had you left it in big chunks and sitting in a bowl or pan.
– For the onions I like to use a mandolin to get those consistent thin cuts
– The ribs of the bell pepper is perfectly fine to eat but removing it just gives it a nicer presentation